We live in a world, where everything seems to catch our attention and share our time. It could be pressure at work, family issues or even running another business. And, whether you realize it or not, your life needs to change. How can I be so sure? Simple–because the world around you is constantly changing! If you’re not adapting, you’re stagnating. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. This has made many to run to the option of adapting to the systems of Distance Learning. Why? Because it is flexible and convenient.
What every student should know is that, Distance Learning was put in place to help you adapt to the changing world with a flexible approach. Excellence should be the goal of every student. Whether you have noticed or not, we all have inherited or learned traits as we have progressed through our schooling. Some traits help us to succeed such as patience. Other traits hinder our progression such as procrastination. Distance Learning maybe new to you and so it requires some adjustments.
- Be open Minded:The possibilities for your potential are limitless! We are no longer confined to learning only within a certain classroom at a certain time in a particular building. You can study on your own, at your own pace, review materials and think as deep and high as you can. Learning in this way requires an open mind. In the end, you may learn more about yourself and how you prefer to learn.
- Establish a routine: Distance learning maybe a dramatic change to you from the beginning. Some of us find comfort with having to show up at a certain time each day for a class or series of classes. As best as possible, establish a routine and avoid procrastination. Try to stick to the recommended course deadlines. Set aside some time each day for completion of course readings or activities. As well, plan to spend a good amount of time reviewing messages and emails from your lecturers and course mates along with responding to them. After a short while, you will begin to feel more comfortable and confident as you settle into your routine.
- Participate: Some students mistake the concept of learning “anytime, anywhere” for not having to participate. In every class, some students always contribute, some do so half the time, and some are just shy and stay rather quiet. Where do you fit? In every case, ask what comes to mind concerning the course and say what you feel and think of it. This will pave way to help your lecturers know your weakness and strength, to be able to build you up for excellence
- Stay active and connected: Do not distance yourself from your mail and course mates. Check every now and then for updates if any. This will put you on track so you do not miss out on any development.
Communicate clearly: Communicating in writing is much different than communicating in person. Your lecturer can outline some recommendations, which would guide you in your answer presentations. If not, these tips can help you out:
- Write clearly and concisely by using full sentences, which include proper grammar and spelling.
- Avoid plagiarism: always express and present your work using your own words. When using someone’s words to help describe or support your point, quote or credit your source
- Email properly: always include a Subject for easy identification.
- Introduction: do not start by answering a question. Be professional! Organize a good introduction to keep your lecturer’s eye and attention on your work.
Sometimes attending the Traditional School can be stressful and time consuming. Distance Learning provides access to learning when the source of information and the learners are separated by time, distance or both. The view of Distance is to solve the challenges of time, work and accessibility.
The widespread use of computers and the internet have made distance learning easier and faster. Distance Learning is offered on the platform of virtual schools, where students and lecturers in various locations can make teaching and learning a reality.
At Strabsnet International Centre for Distance Learning Centre, we do not only deliver to our students the Virtual platform and the E-Learning Library, but we provide our students local faculty, who are highly experienced who give our cherished students good teaching assistance.
Where to get help? You can forward all concerns and questions to: email@example.com
With innovative thinking, team spirit and pursuit for excellence being some of our core values, Strabsnet, in addition to the quality distance education provided through IPE Management School, offers their students special packages.
These packages include;
- Optional local tutorial support including seminars and workshops
- Easy access to the local faculty of well established practitioners and specialists
- IPE faculty visits to Ghana to enhance learning
- Easy access to our e-learning systems
- Provision of up to date learning materials
- Flexible payment plan
As an accredited tertiary institution, Our programmes are regulated to ensure quality.
Strabsnet currently has the franchise to represent IPE Management School (InstitutpurL’Expertise) of Paris, France in Africa.
This professional institute is one of the best tertiary institutions in Paris France, hence being considered as a Grand Ecole within the Reseau des Grandes Ecole Specialisees (GES).
IPE together with Paris Pole Alternance (PPA), another GRAND ECOLE in Paris, France will be rewarding two certificates to all graduates from our distance learning programme plus an opportunity to go to France for the graduation.
In addition to the above, is the opportunity of networking with people all over the world since IPE has branches across the globe.
- Flexibility: You can earn and study at the same time especially as a working professional.
- Saves Time & Energy: You save up a lot of time and energy on commuting.
- Study at your own Pace: Not everyone has the same pace of learning. Some students pick up things fast, others need time to grasp a concept. One of the biggest advantages of distance learning is that you can study at a pace that is comfortable for you.
- Saves Money: These courses are almost always cheaper as compared to their on-campus counter-parts. You also cut down on the costs incurred while commuting etc.
- Convenient: You can submit your assignment with the click of a button or simply drop it off at a post-office.
- 24X7 Access to Study Material & fellow Students: This is the best way to study if you are comfortable with Internet and technology. You can access your study material online whenever you want and exchange views and discuss with your virtual class-mates.
- What Are the Benefits of Distance Learning for Employers? As an organization, training and development of your human capital is one of the most important parts of your business. Investing in staff training encourages employee engagement and motivation, yet costs time and money. This is the luxury many businesses simply cannot afford.
With increased budget cuts and time constraints, organizations should still be able to effectively train their employees in a cost effective manner. It is the training and development that will drive the organization to be ahead of competitors at all times. Quality and knowledgeable employee is a prerequisite business growth. Therefore, the benefits to organizations are;
- Cost Savings: One of the primary benefits of using Distance Learning is that it can help your business save a substantial amount of money. Instead of paying for your employees to go to a traditional classroom setting, they can simply take their classes online.
This will help you avoid travel costs and the high costs that are typically associated with this type of education. Distance learning tends to be cheaper, and the extra costs that come with travel will be eliminated as well.
- Save Time: When you hire employees, you want to get them into your business as quickly as possible. If you are training employees who are already working for you, you cannot afford to be without them for long.
If you have to send your employees away to a seminar or a class, this can take valuable man-hours away from your business. With distance learning, your employees can stay at home and learn quickly. You can minimize the amount of time away from work.
Improved Retention: When you use distance learning, you also can help your employees retain most of what they learned. When you send employees away for an extended period of time to take a traditional class, they often get overloaded with information. By using distance learning, you can allow them to take a class for one or two hours and then focus on work. Spreading out the training a bit can help employees remember what they learned and implement it immediately.
Improved Work-Life-Balance: One of the major difficulties of organizations is how to keep a good balance between work and their life.
- The absence of work life balance is negatively affecting employees and employers and thereby affecting efficiency and productivity. Distance learning can help to improve some aspects of that. It can be fitted around existing responsibilities, allowing people to choose their hours and maintain a healthy family and social life, which is a strong selling point for many employees.
Similarly, distance learning isn’t tied to academic term dates, which might mean waiting almost a whole year should an enrollment deadline be missed. For this reason, you can strike while the iron is hot and start training your workforce immediately.
Current global work environment and competition makes it imperative that organizations are able to develop their human capital at either the graduate or undergraduate levels in a way that will help them compete effectively in their industry and at the same time keep their best employees.
Distance Learning helps to balance work and family demands. It is important for employees to complete their tertiary course work to finish their education, keep their current jobs, and be promoted with minimum interference in their work and family lives.
Distance Education solves these problems because of the flexibility of time, convenience of working from home, office or any other place, less rigorous course work, and the ability to take care of their families at the same time.
Distance Learning eliminates major stress on employees by providing them with new opportunities and prevents short or even long distance commutes to attend lectures. It affords students the opportunity to remain in their homes or workplaces and participate in learning activities, interact with colleagues, exchange information more frequently, and establish good network with other students all over the world.
This makes them learn best by having control over their learning environment and having the opportunity to showcase their talents in-group or special projects. Finally it saves the student time, money and energy.